Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Can't Do Everything!

I heard a mom of 6 say the other day "I can't do everything..." when speaking to one of her sons. I don't know what the conversation was about, but those words are close to my heart :) When I think about it, that quote is true. I can try to be the best Proverbs 31 woman that I can be. I can try to go to bed late and get up early to tend the needs of my family. I can try to find a field and buy it (as long as it only costs $.45). I can try to clothe my family in purple and scarlet (which would work well for the boys, they get lots of scrapes and into lots of things so it would help hide the blood and berry juice!). I can try to provide for my servant girls...if they ever arrive. I can try to do all of these things and run myself completely ragged. The bottom line is, if I am trying to do all of these things in my own strength I CAN'T DO IT! It won't work! But God can do everything. It is only the Lord who can give me the strength to endure, and enjoy it, for the long haul. He can accomplish in each of us what He knows to be most important and most productive.

O Lord help me to stop striving and know that YOU are God:)
P.S. I wouldn't mind the servant girls...if it's Your will...

No comments:

Post a Comment