Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just A Moment

I just had one of those moments. You know, THOSE moments when God gives you the tiniest glimpse into the souls of your children. You see, for a fleeting moment, the amazing gifts, potential and character they possess. It's a little peek that is not clouded by all the training and second guessing we do as parents. We see, as God sees, for that moment their real selves. Perhaps even the selves they have no idea exists inside of them. The selves with propensity to love, create, touch the heart of Christ. That self which is selfless and open to the purposes of God's heart specific to each of them. And then it's gone and fades so fast we wonder if we really did have that moment at all.

I am always so blessed when I get to behold that moment. When I get the chance to almost see the inner workings of my child's mind. But somehow the inspiration I receive at that moment to work with them and inspire them to be their best selves...that moment slips through my fingers and I return to the training and tripping and sometimes blind/generic encouragement as I try to direct them towards Christ. Their transformation ceases and they return to their normal quirky selves:)

Oh Lord may I remember those moments. They must be given for a reason, if only to help me reset my thinking. If only to give me a glimpse of what You see so that I may humble myself enough to get out of Your way when they hear your call. Thank You Lord for those moments, and may I return each moment to You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment