Thursday, November 20, 2014

Blessed Memories 4

Dear Terry,

We prayed for you today, not just once, all day really, but Schey and I did special prayers on your behalf. I called too just because I desperately wanted to hear your voice once more. It actually makes me smile thinking about it. It's funny. It's not a "soft gentle" kind of voice it's a very no nonsense kind with the soft and gentle implied :) And the laugh, very contageous and real.

I called today but the morphine was winning at the time. I wasn't able to call back because it was Micah's 8th birthday and he was having an extra hard time due to the very early rising of our other brown boy (2:45 am!) But I thought of you and prayed for you throughout the day, thinking of what your body and mind must be going through right now as you "prepare your garments". There were moments I had to fight back the tears and other moments I just smiled a stupid smile as I recalled moments with you.

That just reminded me of the story of Jordan, I think it was Jordan, who would jump into the deep end at the pool before he could swim and you would fish him out and paddle his bottom. But he kept jumping in, not minding the discipline he would receive as a result of his actions. That is one place you certainly can NOT allow for natural consequences :) Finally you asked him why he kept jumping in and he replied "because I know you'll jump in and get me".

Right now the water must feel like it is closing in around you as you have jumped (or rather been pushed) into these deep waters. But not only is the Lord jumping in to save you, He is in the process of teaching you to breathe under water! He will hold your hand as you learn to breathe in His country. His perfect country.

John 14: 1-4 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

I hope we can speak one more time. But even if we can't speak this side of heaven, I will for my whole life, praise my God every time I think of you. And please, once you are with the Church Triumphant remember and pray for this struggling Church Militant.

I love you SO much my dear friend!!! May the Lord's peace rest upon you!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment